Three graphic novels for the newbie, like myself… All of them are available on the Image Comics iPad app.
1. Saga: Power female & hunk fall in-love but are from different worlds. This mesmerizing series is narrated by their new bebe.
2. Alex + Ada: A bit like the movie, Her, lonely man falls in love with his robot.
3. Sex Criminals: Don’t be deterred by the title, it’s more like a modern romantic comedy. Great art makes it easy to fall in-love with these two:
Sometimes, nothing is more relaxing than an hour with my friendship bracelet kit (not joking). Colors are therapeutic.
Three photographs found on Pinterest that moved me lately because :
1. Bloom & Foliage by Julia Stotz (& Foxglove Studio)
2. “Visages Colorés De La Petite Fille Japonaise” | Josefine Vandt By Olivia Frølich
3. “Coulorant” by Cassandra Warner & Jeremy Floto
Dusting off my blogging hat. Let’s jump right back in there.
Three of my favorite tracks this summer for drinking cocktails at a pool (or imagining you’re drinking cocktails at a pool):
1. “Younger” by Seinebo Sey (Kygo Remix)
– Soundtrack of both my summer AND recent trip to Stockholm.
2. “Hideaway” by Kiesza
-Those moves… Hard to get sick of this one.
3. “Black Tears White Lies” by Luca Vasta (Roosevelt Remix)
hooked on these:
1. “Desire Be Desire Go” by Tame Impala
– One of the best things to come out of Coachella 2011. Put on a great live show that matched the setting sun in the desert perfectly.
2. “Hey Cool Kid” by Cloud Nothings
2. “When We’re Dancing” by Twin Shadow
– great 80s style. an insta-classic.
All new music this week:
1. “Meyrin Fields” by Broken Bells
– New Broken Bells!
2. “I Follow Rivers” by Lykke Li
3. “King of the Beach” by Wavves
– This video has me hooked on Wavves lately…